It’s time to announce our next Family Dinner Book Club selection! For the July Family Dinner Book Club we featured Pippi Longstocking. This month we are excited to be featuring a classic picture book.
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Your support of Growing Book by Book is greatly appreciated.
The Family Dinner Book Club selection for August is…
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
Every day a boy comes to a tree to eat her apples, swing from her branches, or slide down her trunk…and the tree was happy. But as the boy grew older he began to want more from the tree, and the tree gave and gave and gave.
Shel Silverstein has created a moving parable for readers of all ages that shows us the gift of giving and an acceptance of another’s capacity to love in return.
Participating in Family Dinner Book Club is easy and fun!
How Family Dinner Book Club Works
1. So, get your copy of The Giving Tree and start reading. You can borrow it from the library or from a friend, find it on your bookshelf or purchase a copy.
2. Then, on August 15th, check back here for all your Family Dinner Book Club preparation needs. Links will be provided for your dinner conversation table topics from Growing Book by Book, arts and crafts table decorations from a special guest blogger and your book related menu from Daisy at Home.
3. Decide which night towards the end of July works best for your family to have Family Dinner Book Club. Set the table, prepare the food and settle in for a nice cozy dinner to discuss the book.
4. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your Family Dinner Book Club and share it with us on our Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
5. Then, head back here on September 1st, to see our new title for the month of September and participate all over again!
Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers.