Oh, the weather is chilly and we are spending more times indoors. It’s a perfect time to stay inside and enjoy some great books and reading activities! Sunday is the first day of winter and I have a Winter Reading Challenge for you!
It’s super easy too.
I have 13 fun reading challenges for you to complete this winter with the kids.
Print this handy list of the challenge and put it on the refrigerator or hang it in your classroom. Then, each week choose one reading idea to complete.
You can also follow along on my Facebook page. I’ll be sharing a weekly reminder and ideas for completing the challenge.
So, here we go. Thirteen reading ideas to get you through the long cold winter.
- book with a color in the title
- book by an author whose last name starts with “w”
- non-fiction book about winter
- book about a winter sport
- book with a recipe (bonus points if you make the recipe!)
- multicultural book
- Caldecott winner (new winners announced in January)
- book about love, caring or sharing
- book that is a song you can sing
- favorite book from your own childhood
- Dr. Seuss book
- book that became a movie
- Picture Book of the Day recommendation (follow #PictureBookoftheDay on Instagram beginning January 2016 for daily ideas.)
Are you ready? Join me and let’s have some reading fun this winter!