It’s hard to believe that it’s almost 2014! I wanted to take this opportunity to share some of the highlights from this past year and to give you a sneak peek at what is coming in the new year.
Growing Book by Book turned two in August. It’s been so exciting and rewarding to see my blog grow and grow! As we end 2013, Growing Book by Book has grown from 350 Facebook “likes” to over 2,400. The email and feed subscribers list continues to grow too. It is the best way to make sure you never miss a post. Click here to sign up to receive an email each time there is a new post. Pinterest is my biggest referrer to the blog. Pinterest followers have grown from 650 last year to over 4,600. I’m so grateful to everyone who takes the time to read and learn along with me.
Besides Pinterest, Facebook and search engines, I would like to thank the following wonderful bloggers who referred the most traffic to my blog this year.
Next week, I’ll share the most popular posts of 2013 on Growing Book by Book. What was your favorite post of the year?
It’s been a great year and I’m anticipating that 2014 will be even better!
You may have noticed a few weeks ago that I’m now an affiliate for Amazon. One of my goals for 2014 is for the blog to generate revenue to help pay for the expenses associated with producing all of the great content you see here. Your support is appreciated!
Here is a sneak peek at some of the great things you will see at Growing Book by Book in 2014.
- Booking Across the USA returns in May! A collaborative blogging project of over 50 educational bloggers who will be sharing a book related to their state and an activity/project to go along with the book. Don’t forget to follow along on our Booking Across the USA Pinterest board too.
- Family Dinner Book Club debuts in January! Each month Growing Book by Book, Enchanted Homeschooling Mom and Daisy at Home will be sharing a book you can read with your family, conversation topics, table decoration ideas to make with the kids and a menu to compliment the book. Follow along on the Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
- Monthly Virtual Book Club for Kids participation
- Book lists on lots of different themes and topics
- And so, so, so much more!
I will also be launching the Growing Book by Book Newsletter. Sign up for the free newsletter now so you don’t miss an issue!
Is there something you would like to see me cover in 2014? Please contact me or leave a comment below. I’d love to hear your suggestions. Best wishes and Happy New Year!