Can your little ones sing their ABCs? Can they recognize the letters in print? Do they know the common sounds each letter represents? This set of printable alphabet cards can help with all of that!
How to Use the Printable Alphabet Cards
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
These alphabet cards have many so many uses. They are meant to be printed on full 8.5 x 11 paper. I recommend printing on cardstock for durability.
The consonants have green borders and the vowels have blue borders. There are also pictures to represent the beginning sounds. Long & short for vowels and soft & hard for c and j.
Once you have everything printed, you are ready to put them to use.
- Hang In the Room: Hang in ABC order at child height in your room. Children can move and point to each letter naming the letter and picture(s) along with saying the letter sound(s.)
- ABC Puzzle: Mix the letters together and have students create a long train to put them back in order. Singing the alphabet song is helpful while working.
- Letter Sorts: Have students sort the letters into groups. One group could contain letters that have curves, one that has lines, etc.
- Vocabulary Builder: Pick two cards and talk about how the pictures are similar or not.
- Who Has Game: Give each child a letter to hold. Then give clues about a letter. The child holding the correct letter gets to stand up to show everyone in the class.
- Sorting Mats: The sheets can also be used as sorting mats. Lay a few out and have children find objects around the room to place on the correct letter sheets. This makes a great whole group or small group activity.
What other ideas do you have for using the letter cards? Leave your idea in the comments below.
Get the FREE Printable Alphabet Cards
When you become a FREE VIP member of the Growing Book by Book community, you will get the set of printable alphabet cards as a thank you gift.
You’ll love being in the Growing Book by Book community if you like to discover new books to read aloud, find time-saving book activities, and help develop a love pre-reading skills.
Just click the purple rectangle printer button below.
More Alphabet Resources
On Growing Book by Book, I have lots more alphabet activities and games for you. Here are a few of our top ones to get you started.
Have fun exploring and learning the alphabet with these ABC ideas.