Sensory play is a wonderful way for children to interact with the world around them. It is also a natural fit with reading and writing development! Today I have rounded up some wonderful sensory play bins that have been designed around children’s books. Each sensory bin experience invites children to interact with the characters and symbols of the story. They are perfect stages for retellings of stories!
Extending Stories Through Sensory Play
1. The Three Billy Goats Gruff from Growing Book by Book
2. Books & Bins Sensory Bin Play: Apples and Pumpkins from Little Bins for Little Hands
Spend some time exploring Little Bins for Little Hands blog for lots of great sensory play ideas!
3. Sensory Story Box- Katy and the Big Snow from The Golden Gleam
4. The Very Hungry Caterpillar Sensory Storytelling Tub from The Imagination Tree
5. The Snail and the Whale from Growing Book by Book
6. Move, Eat, Draw & Learn with Hit the Ball Duck by Jez Alborough from the Good Long Road
7. Little Pea Sensory Bin from Mama Miss
8. Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf- Sensory Bin from Stir the Wonder
9. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet Bin from Rubber Boots and Elf Shoes
10. Gruffalo Inspired Sensory Bin from And Next Comes L
11. Planting a Rainbow Sensory Bin from Play Learn Love
12. My Garden: Sensory Activities from Blog Me Mom
13. Old Bear: Four Seasons Sensory Bin from No Twiddle Twaddle
14. Ten Red Apples: Apple Orchard Sensory Bin by I Heart Crafty Things
15. Jump Frog Jump: Pond Sensory Bin from 3 Dinosaurs
16. Little Granny Quarterback: Football Sensory Bin from Fantastic Fun and Learning
And if you are looking for a quick and inexpensive simple sensory bin stand, you have to check out this one from mama.papa.bubba. It will make all the above projects very organized!
Check out more sensory play ideas based on books on my Sensory Bins to Extend Stories Pinterest Board.
Have you read a book that you loved to see turned into a sensory bin? Please leave the title in the comments and we may showcase the book with a sensory play bin!