Is this you?
Are you frustrated trying to find the time and resources to reach ALL your little budding readers?
Do you wish you knew which books would capture the interest of your kids and motivate them to grow?
Are you feeling drained and puzzled trying to figure out the kids’ needs and the next steps to help all your kids become successful readers who will love to read?
I believe that we can successfully meet the needs of every growing reader.
“I am so happy to have found you! Your ideas are so simple and clever! I teach grade 2, 7-8 year olds, many of whom are still learning to read. I also have a 5-year-old pre-reader at home (boy), who is very eager and excited to read. We used your race car idea this afternoon, and even my 2-year-old son joined in! I am hoping to use the same idea, but with high-frequency words instead of single sounds, with my class too! Thanks again for sharing your creativity and ideas!” from Jade
- Imagine creating an environment full of literacy-rich experiences that meet the needs of each and every reader that propels them forward in their learning to read journey.
- Imagine matching just right books to each of your readers that encourage them to read and love the process of the reading.
- And, imagine doing all of this without spending countless evening and weekend hours finding and creating materials that match the levels of your kids.
When you become a member of the Growing Book by Book community, you’ll quickly identify your emerging readers’ needs and help them grow using a variety of engaging and targeted activities.
Become a part of the Growing Book by Book community.—CLICK HERE
I had just completed my first year of teaching. My tired self was filled with relief and regret. I was glad to have a year under my belt and the summer to regroup, but there was a strong nagging feeling that I didn’t do enough. I didn’t reach every reader. I immediately enrolled in graduate school to become a reading specialist. I was going to figure out this teaching reading thing and I wasn’t going to waste any more time getting started. Fast forward through a couple of degrees, countless literacy workshops, and many education positions later, and I feel like I’ve finally cracked this secret to what ingredients are needed to move kids into the successful reader realm. Even with 32 kids (yep, that’s how many I had my first year) in the classroom, we can meet all our kids’ needs and propel them forward on their reading journey.
Our kids can soar and we can feel successful that we have helped with that growth.
I will help you. Think of me as your personal reading guru.—>START HERE
“I just wanted to say how wonderful your activities are. They are definitely creative and fun! I truly appreciate your generosity in sharing your hard work- I know much time goes into preparing for teaching every day.” From Robin
“I just wanted you to know how much I LOVE your blog. I look forward to your posts in my email box. I especially love the book lists. I am the director for an early literacy and language program…Thank you for all you do!!” from Helen
Get access to practical advice and resources that will help you be the most awesome guide of young budding readers.
We all have a favorite book to read aloud to kids. What is your favorite book to share with the kids? Email and let me know. I’d love to hear from you.—>SEND JODIE AN EMAIL
About Founder Jodie Rodriguez
I have been an educator for over 20 years teaching the little ones in early childhood schools. I’ve also enjoyed my time as a Reading Specialist, Literacy Coach, Curriculum Coordinator, Federal Programs Coordinator and most recently as Head of School.
One of my biggest projects was becoming a National Board Certified Teacher- Early Childhood Generalist in 2003.
Two advanced degrees in education and administration have helped me hone in on what really matters when teaching young readers and connecting home and school for awesome literacy growth.
Being a mom of two high energy boys has taken my learning and understanding even deeper.
Early Literacy is my passion and I’m ready to help you reach every single one of your readers.
A few fun facts about me…
1. I worked in a children’s bookstore when I was in college.
2. I can still recite a list of 50 prepositions I memorized in the 5th grade. “About, above, across, after….”
3. My favorite shows include Fixer-Upper and just about any Hallmark movie.
4. I love to cook and bake. But, I do not like nuts in my desserts.
5. During grade school, I was not considered a strong reader. The light bulb finally clicked on the summer after 8th grade. I fell in love with the library! Thank you to The Girls of Canby Hall!
6. Surprise, I love to read now! I have over 100 books about literacy development. I also enjoy my magazine subscriptions to Cooking Light, Southern Living, Kiwi and Scholastic Parent and Child.
7. I love to do random acts of kindness!
I’d love to connect with you on social media too!
Happy Growing Book by Book!
A few places Jodie and Growing Book by Book have been featured…
Scholastic, Read Brightly, Pre-K Pages, Childhood 101
Jodie Rodriguez is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.