It’s time to announce the featured book for Family Dinner Book Club for February! We had so much fun with January Family Dinner Book Club when we featured Winnie-the-Pooh. This month we have selected a picture book that was released in 2013. I was instantly impressed when I read it last year.
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Your support of Growing Book by Book is greatly appreciated.
The Family Dinner Book Club selection for February is…
The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
In this story, Duncan wants to color, but when he opens his crayon box he discovers a stack of letters addressed to him. Each crayon has written a letter to Duncan expressing how they are utilized too much or not colored with enough. Each crayon has a very convincing argument!
Participating in Family Dinner Book Club is easy and fun!
How Family Dinner Book Club Works
1. So, get your copy of The Days the Crayons Quit and start reading. You can borrow it from the library or from a friend, purchase it or enter our giveaway for a free copy below!
2. Then, on February 15th, check back here for all your Family Dinner Book Club preparation needs. Links will be provided for your dinner conversation table topics from Growing Book by Book, arts and crafts table decorations from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom and your book related menu from Daisy at Home.
3. Decide which night towards the end of February works best for your family to have Family Dinner Book Club. Set the table, prepare the food and settle in for a nice cozy dinner to discuss the book.
4. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your Family Dinner Book Club and share it with us on our Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
5. Then, head back here on March 1st, to see our new title for the month of March and participate all over again!
Would you like a chance to receive a copy of The Days the Crayons Quit? Just enter for your chance to win in the Rafflecopter below. You must be at least 18 years-old to enter. We can only ship to USA addresses. Entries will be accepted through 2/3/14 at 11:59 pm. One winner will be selected and notified via email. The winner has 48 hrs. to respond to the email. Another entrant will be selected after that time if a response has not been received. Good luck!
Author, Drew Daywalt says his favorite crayon is black. Illustrator, Oliver Jeffers says his is striped. So, what is your favorite crayon color?
Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers.