The book for Jumpstart’s Read for the Record Day this year is Maybe Something Beautiful. Below you will find some creative Maybe Something Beautiful activities to use with the story.
Maybe Something Beautiful Book
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Based on a true story, Maybe Something Beautiful by F. Isabel Campoy shines a light on how creativity can have a great impact on a community.
Read even more stories about creativity with the suggestions from our Books About Creativity Book List.
Maybe Something Beautiful Activities
Maybe Something Beautiful Sensory Art Bin
Sensory bins are a great hands-on way to extend stories. The Maybe Something Beautiful sensory bin allows kids to interact with the story and create a collaborative art project.
- sensory table or large plastic tub with lid
- large lid or long piece of white paper (you’ll need this if your sensory table or tub doesn’t have a lid)
- sensory bin filler (colorful scraps of paper, pom pom balls, mini straws, felt pieces, pipe cleaners, streamers, ribbon, and/or tissue paper)
- tweezers or scoops (optional but beneficial for fine motor strengthening)
Fill the bin with your colorful filler materials and your fine motor tools. Lay the lid next to the bin. Kids can work together to create a beautiful collaborate scene on their canvas (aka lid) to create a beautiful piece of art.
You might want to capture and document the creations with a camera before a new scene is made by other students. The pictures could even be combined to create a book that students could check out and take home.
Family Dinner Book Club
Family Dinner Book Club is a great way for families to read great stories together over a delicious meal. Each month we share books to read, a themed menu, conversation starters, and activities to do as a family. Many schools and libraries also use the ideas.
We have a whole Family Dinner Book Club based on Make Something Beautiful!
- Get printable conversation starters and a creativity book list to read and discuss.—>SEE THE CREATIVITY BOOKS AND DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
- Make a beautiful edible art dinner with this menu from Chef Sarah Elizabeth.—>SEE THE EDIBLE ART DINNER
- Sunny Day Family shares a list of BIG outdoor art ideas to do.—->SEE THE BIG ART IDEAS
Maybe Something Beautiful Printable Activities
Let the kids reflect on the most beautiful thing in their neighborhood by drawing or writing on the free printable included.
There is also a sheet for kids to design their own mural on the side of a building. This is also a free printable included.
Get the free printables by clicking on the green button below.
Will these resources be useful to you? I surely hope so. If you like what you found here, you will want to sign up for our FREE Growing Book by Book newsletter. It’s full of tips and resources for reaching all your growing readers. Plus, you’ll have access to the free subscriber printable library. —>Join the Growing Book by Book Community