I follow a lot of blogs. Sixty-six as a matter of fact! Most of them deal with ideas for kids. Some of them revolve around cooking and some are to follow along with friends and family. I was so excited to discover Google Reader this year which has made my following of 66 blogs much more efficient. Today, I thought I’d share five of my favorite blogs that center around literacy.
1. Delightful Children’s Books is written by Amy who is a mother of three kids. She seeks out great picture books for her kids to learn about different subjects. The blog is well-organized and includes a super helpful index to search by category.
2. Playdough to Plato is written by Malia who is a mom and National Board Certified teacher. Her blog is full of tips and strategies for raising young readers up to 2nd grade. She even offers a 10 week online workshop called Plato Academy for parents of children ages 3-5.
3. Lorie is the author of Reading Confetti. She is a mom of two preschoolers and a reading specialist. Her site is full of book related activities.
4. Imagination Soup is the brain child of Melissa. She is a mom, teacher, blogger and writer. In fact, she has a new book coming out soon. I’ll be sharing details about that in the near future! Her site is a wonderful collection of ideas to promote learning.
5. One day I’m going to start a Mommy and Me Book Club thanks to the inspiration I get from Danielle. She hosts a weekly preschool book club for a few families and her ideas are fantastic and fun! I so want to do this!
Ok, I could list a lot more. Maybe, I’ll share another list soon. In the meantime, you can check out my “Blogs I Enjoy” board on Pinterest. So, what literacy books other than Growing Book by Book do you follow?
We have some special posts coming up soon. Later this week we have a special guest interview and post. Next week, we will participate in the November Virtual Book Club and we will release the 2012 Literacy Gift Guide.
See the linky party directory at the bottom of the home page to see where this post has been linked.