It’s Family Dinner Book Club for April time! We visited the farm for March Family Dinner Book Club when we featured Charlotte’s Web. This month we switch to a picture book that takes place at the zoo.
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Your support of Growing Book by Book is greatly appreciated.
The Family Dinner Book Club selection for April is…
Xander’s Panda Party by Linda Sue Park and Matt Phelan
Xander decides to throw a panda party at the zoo. But, he is the only panda at the zoo so he decides to invite all the bears. When the koala bear informs him that she is a marsupial not a bear, Xander ponders what to do. He decides to expand his guest list and before he knows it, all the animals are invited to the party. Xander is even more delighted when a special guest arrives at the last minute to his party.
Here is the book trailer to give you a sneak peek!
Participating in Family Dinner Book Club is easy and fun!
How Family Dinner Book Club Works
1. So, get your copy of Xander’s Panda Party and start reading. You can borrow it from the library or from a friend, find it on your bookshelf or purchase a copy.
2. Then, on April 15th, check back here for all your Family Dinner Book Club preparation needs. Links will be provided for your dinner conversation table topics from Growing Book by Book, arts and crafts table decorations from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom and your book related menu from Daisy at Home.
3. Decide which night towards the end of April works best for your family to have Family Dinner Book Club. Set the table, prepare the food and settle in for a nice cozy dinner to discuss the book.
4. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your Family Dinner Book Club and share it with us on our Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
5. Then, head back here on May 1st, to see our new title for the month of May and participate all over again!
Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers.
Karine Twitter Mrs_KV says
Love this! Can I include your work in an upcoming blog post?
Jodie Rodriguez says
Karine, you are welcome to describe the project and link to my post. Thanks so much!