Circle time is a wonderful time for building community and early literacy skills. And, learning names fits perfectly for both goals. Enjoy using these circle time name games and songs with your students.
7 Name Songs and Games for Circle Time
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
- One of the best ways to work on name recognition is with a good morning greeting song to start circle time. Try this chant.
Get the lyric here.—>Good Morning Circle Time Chant
And, for more welcome songs to start circle time, check these out.—> 7 Greeting Circle Time Songs
- Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie jar makes a fun read-aloud, song, and name practice activity during circle time. Grab my free printable to get started.—>Who Took the Cookie From the Cookie Jar
- Child of the Redwoods blog shares some quick and easy name songs too.—>See them here.
- Planning an apple theme? Then, you’ll want to use Play to Learn’s apple themed name song to work on name recognition.—>Check it out here.
- Fantastic Fun and Learning also has an apple themed song that includes children’s names and counting down from five to one.—>See it here.
- Pre-K Pages shares an easy singing name song that also uses tossing a beanbag from child to child.—>Check it Out
More Name Activities
Enjoy working on names with these other resources.
More Circle Time Activities
My Circle Times Songs and Chants Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 are filled with circle time activites and songs. Get them now!
Circle Time Songs and Chants Vol. 1
Circle Time Songs and Chants Vol. 2
Enjoy building name recognition and community in your classroom with these ideas.
Leave a Reply