The last Family Dinner Book Club for 2014 is here! For December we are headed to the Hawaiian islands! So get a copy of the book. Start reading with your family and then join us back here in the middle of the month for the menu, table decoration crafts and conversation starters to get your family dinner book club rolling!
We are also giving you a sneak peek at what we have in store for Family Dinner Book Club in 2015!
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Your support of Growing Book by Book is greatly appreciated.
The Family Dinner Book Club selection for December is…
Dumpling Soup by Jama Kim Rattigan
Marissa is making dumplings for the New Year celebration. New Year’s in Hawaii is all about family. This story supports the diversity of our families. It’s a beautiful story of family, customs and culture.
How Family Dinner Book Club Works
1. So, get your copy of Dumpling Soup by Jama Kim Rattigan and start reading. You can borrow it from the library or from a friend, find it on your bookshelf or purchase a copy.
2. Then, on December 15th, check back here for all your Family Dinner Book Club preparation needs. Links will be provided for your dinner conversation table topics and the arts and crafts table decorations from Growing Book by Book and your book related menu from Daisy at Home.
3. Decide which night towards the end of December works best for your family to have Family Dinner Book Club. This book would be perfect for a New Year’s celebration with the family. Set the table, prepare the food and settle in for a nice cozy dinner to discuss the book.
4. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your Family Dinner Book Club and share it with us on our Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
5. Then, head back here on December 15th (Yes, we are going to start announcing the new book in a few weeks before the start of the new month!) to see our new title for the month of January and participate all over again!
Looking Ahead to 2015
We have some exciting changes coming to Family Dinner Book Club in 2015 and many things that will stay the same.
Family Dinner Book Club will continue to alternate between chapter book titles and picture book titles.
We will start to announce the new title on the 15th of the month to give you plenty of time to get the book. Then, on the 1st of the month will share your menu, easy table decoration ideas, conversation starters and FAMILY ACTIVITY ideas for the month. You will have all the resources you need at the beginning of the month to plan your dinner club!
We will also being featuring classic chapter books which was requested by many of our participants. Pictures books will be a mix of classics, great new titles and lesser known gems.
Look for more details about the improvements to Family Dinner Book Club in our December 15th post when we also be announcing the January title!
Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers.
Love these Ideas! Thanks for linking up with us at Mommy Needs a Timeout Thursday! We party again this week starting Wednesday night at 8pm EST. See you there!
Twin Tested, Pin Approved
Brenda @DailyMayo says
What fun! I never thought to have a dinner book club. This sounds like it would be a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing at Quote Me Thursday!