It’s hard to believe that 2011 is about to end. I’m not sure where the time went. One exciting event of the year was the launch of this blog in August. Since then, Growing Book By Book has had over 1,500 views and now has 45 followers. I thought we would look back at the top three most popular posts of 2011 and then take a sneak peek at what’s in store for 2012.
Top Posts of 2011
Number 3: Book Trailers
Number 2: 2011 Literacy Picks for the Holidays
Number1: Muffin Tin Literacy Games
I can’t wait to see which posts will be the most popular in 2012. Speaking of 2012… Growing Book By Book has so much planned for the upcoming year. Here are just a few things we are working on.
- A new blog design debuting in the spring
- More author and illustrator spotlights including: Gail Gibbons, Eric Carle and Patricia Polacco
- Updated blogroll
- More literacy activities using common household materials
- An awesome alphabet Advent calendar (I’ve already starting working on this one!)
- More booklist themes including: snow, new baby on the way and caring for the environment
- Comprehension strategies
- More GIVEAWAYS!!!!
- And so much more!
Thank you to everyone for your support this year. Please send any topic ideas that you would like me to cover in the new year. I’d love to have your feedback. Most of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Linking to: No Time For Flashcards! and The Chocolate Muffin Tree
Sarah Y. says
Sounds great, Jodie! I look forward to reading all your comprehension strategies and literacy activities! Happy 2012!