2012 has been an amazing year. In April, we welcomed our second son into our family. It is so much fun to nurture two growing readers now. I get a great big smile on my face every time I see my two-year-old son select a book to “read” on his own.
Growing Book by Book also turned one in August. It’s been so exciting and rewarding to see my blog grow and grow! As we end 2012, Growing Book by Book has over 350 Facebook “likes”, over 320 email and feed subscribers and over 675 Pinterest followers. I’m so grateful to everyone who takes the time to read and learn alongside me.
Besides Pinterest (which drove the most traffic to Growing Book by Book), Facebook and search engines, I would like to thank the following bloggers who referred the most traffic to my blog.
Yesterday, I shared the top 12 most viewed posts of 2012 . If you missed them, please take a look. There are lots of great ideas in each post. I also wanted to share my favorite three posts of the year.
1. ABC Your Way to Christmas (Pin it to Pinterest for next year!)
It’s been a great year and I’m anticipating that 2013 will be even better! Here is a sneak peek at what you will see at Growing Book by Book in 2013.
- “Booking Across America”- A collaborative blogging project of over 50 educational bloggers who will be sharing a book related to their state and an activity/project to go alongside the book. I will also be hosting some great giveaways during this project which will take place in February.
- Monthly “Table Talk” prompts to promote language development in your house or classroom
- Picture book suggestions to compliment the character traits emphasized in the book, How Children Succeed by Paul Tough
- Monthly Virtual Book Club participation
- Seasonal outdoor literacy ideas
- A peek at my children’s art studio we are creating.
- How to throw a book award gala party
- And so, so, so much more!
Is there something you would like to see me cover in 2013? Please contact me or leave a comment below. I’d love to hear your suggestions. Best wishes and Happy New Year!