Quackers Activities and Book
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Quackers is sure he is a duck. Then one day, he meets someone who looks just like him with paws and fur. He soon learns about a new family of friends and loves many of the same things they do. But, he misses his duck family. So, Quackers learns a way to belong to each family of friends.
Now, let’s have some learning fun. Try one or more of these activities to do after reading the book. Best of all, I created a FREE printable pack of all the activities for you!
#1- Splash Game
Object: Kids will identify letters of the alphabet.
Materials needed: small pail, timer, scissors, and alphabet cards pages 3-5 (see free printable below)
- Print pages 3-5 from the free printable.
- Cut out pieces and place in a fishing pail or other container.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes. Kids take turns blindly pulling a card out and identifying the letter. If correct, the child keeps the card. If splash (water) card is pulled then the child puts all cards back in the pail.
#2- Venn Diagram
Object: Kids will compare and contrast cats and ducks.
Materials needed: writing utensil, Venn Diagram pg 6 (see free printable below)
- Print page 6.
- Discuss with the kids ways that cats and ducks are alike and different. Fill in the Venn Diagram printable based on the children’s responses.
#3- Math Story Sheet
Object: Kids will develop fine motor strength and create simple math stories.
Materials needed: crayons or markers and the story sheet page 7 (see free printable below)
- Print a copy of page 7 for each student.
- Have the students color the sheet while enjoying the story or after reading the story.
- Use the animals pictured on the sheet to create and tell simple math stories. For example, “3 ducks are in the water and 2 ducks are on land. There are 5 ducks in all.”
Ready to get started? You just need to get the FREE printable I created.
Quackers Activity Printables