I’m excited to announce our next Family Dinner Book Club selection! The August Family Dinner Book Club featured The Giving Tree. This month we have one of my all time favorite chapter books.
Full disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Your support of Growing Book by Book is greatly appreciated.
The Family Dinner Book Club selection for September is…
The Cricket in Times Square by George Selden
This 1961 Newbery Honor Book is the story of a mouse, a cat, a cricket and a little boy in New York City. After Chester Cricket makes his way to Times Square by accident, his new found friends help him take in lots of sights and sounds of the great city. They also share a lot of lessons along the way.
Participating in Family Dinner Book Club is easy and fun!
How Family Dinner Book Club Works
1. So, get your copy of The Cricket in Times Square and start reading. You can borrow it from the library or from a friend, find it on your bookshelf or purchase a copy.
2. Then, on September 15th, check back here for all your Family Dinner Book Club preparation needs. Links will be provided for your dinner conversation table topics and the arts and crafts table decorations from Growing Book by Book and your book related menu from Daisy at Home.
3. Decide which night towards the end of September works best for your family to have Family Dinner Book Club. Set the table, prepare the food and settle in for a nice cozy dinner to discuss the book.
4. Don’t forget to snap a picture of your Family Dinner Book Club and share it with us on our Family Dinner Book Club Facebook page!
5. Then, head back here on October 1st, to see our new title for the month of September and participate all over again!
Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers.