Wow, we are half-way through 2013! Before we know it, the holidays will be here. Today, I’d thought we take a peek at what is in store at Growing Book by Book for the remainder of the year.
- First, Growing Book by Book turns 2 next month! Stay tuned for a fun giveaway to celebrate.
- I had the great pleasure of participating in the Love Books exchange this summer hosted by The Educator’s Spin On It. I was paired up with Capri + 3 to exchange a book and activities. If you haven’t seen Capri + 3’s blog, you really need to read how her family came to be. It’s an amazing story! Thursday, I will be sharing the book and activities she sent us. Capri + 3 will be sharing the package we sent her family on her blog that day too. Here’s a sneak peek at the package we received in the mail. Any guesses on what title they sent?
- The 2013 Literacy Gift Guide is already taking shape. This Thanksgiving, I will be sharing my 3rd annual list of the best literacy gifts for kids. Do you have an item that you think should make the list? Please let me know.
- The Table Topics series this year has been wildly popular. It’s not too late to participate. Each month I share conversation starters to help get the conversation rolling at the dinner or lunch table. August topics will all center around “Guess What I Am” questions.
- I want to make sure that you are getting what you need when you come to Growing Book by Book. Soon, I’ll be sending out a survey to see how I can better serve you- my readers. Please take a few minutes to provide me some feedback. The information will be used to help shape year three at Growing Book by Book.
- Here’s a little tease of upcoming topics to keep you coming back!
-Setting Up The House for Reading Homework
-What is Environmental Print?
-Favorite Books for 2-3 Year-Olds
-Making Literacy Games
- Speaking of coming back. Are you following Growing Book by Book on Facebook? We have over 1,000 “Likes’ now. Yeah! If you haven’t liked us, please do so! We have some great conversations about literacy on the page. I also share some of my great literacy finds from other bloggers. You can also join the over 2,000 people following my Pinterest boards. This is another great treasure trove of ideas. If you still can’t get enough of Growing Book by Book, you can follow on Twitter, Google + or subscribe to the RSS Feed. Don’t you just love feeling so connected to Growing Book by Book?
It’s going to be a fun remainder of 2013. Thank you for coming along on the journey!