Young children love that blue cat. You know the one…Pete the Cat. Rock in the new school year with these Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Activities. It’s just one of the many book activities we have for you on Growing Book by Book.
Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Book
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
“I’m rocking in my school shoes.” Oh, Pete! He’s groovy, he’s got the rhythm, and he will delight young listeners.
I’m a big fan of the first four Pete the Cat books written by Eric Litwin. In Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes, Pete heads to school and explores the building from the library to the cafeteria. This one makes a great back to school read.
Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Class Book Activity
Create your own class book featuring the children and their shoes. It’s super easy to complete with our free printables.
- Print out the free printable templates to create your book. There is a color and black & white option.
- Print the teacher’s name on the book cover.
- Give each child a student page. Students can either draw themselves doing something at school or you can take a picture of each student and tape it to the page. Just make sure shoes are included.
- Now it’s time to complete the writing portion. Write the child’s name, action word to go with the picture (jumping, hopping, drawing, eating, etc.) and his or her on the correct lines.
- Assemble all the pages and put the cover on top. Bind your book with string, staples or a book binder. I even like to 3-hole-punch the pages and put them in a binder.
Your class book is ready to read over and over again with the kids.
Get the free printable and create your own class book. It’s a thank you gift when you sign up for our VIP newsletter for free. Just click “subscribe and get your thank you gift” button below.
*If you already are a VIP member, still click above. Enter your email and the printable will be sent to you. You won’t be added twice to the list.
More Pete the Cat Rocking in My School Shoes Activities
Create a storytelling box to go with the book from Paths to Literacy.—>See how here.
Take a school tour with Pete the Cat. The Fabulous First Grade shares Pete clues for students to make inferences and predictions.—>See it here.
Build visual tracking with this Pete the Cat maze from Pete the Cat.—>Get it here.
Keep rocking all school year long with Pete the Cat.