“Somewhere over the rainbow.” Keep singing along. There is something about rainbows that makes us think spring. Today, I’ve got a fun A Rainbow of My Own rainbow alphabet activity to learn about lowercase and uppercase letters.
A Rainbow of My Own by Don Freeman is this week’s Virtual Book Club for Kids.
First, are you new to Virtual Book Club for Kids? You can follow along with weekly themes, books, and learning ideas in the private Facebook group. Become a part of the Virtual Book Club group. I’ll be sharing an activity at least once a month for the group too.
A Rainbow of My Own Activity and Book
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
You may know Don Freeman as the author Corduroy, but he has other books including A Rainbow of My Own. Imagine catching a rainbow that could be your very own. It might be hard to catch, but it sure would be fun.
Set-up is easy.
- Place a letter bead under each paper cup on the table.
- Print the rainbow letter sheet.
- Have your child play hide-and-seek with the letters. Pick up one cup to reveal a letter.
- Name the letter and then find its uppercase letter match on the rainbow sheet.
- Repeat, repeat, repeat.
Get the printable.
For even more spring resources for preschoolers, grab our Spring Literacy Unit. It’s four weeks of literacy learning complete with dramatic play printables, circle time songs, and more.—>Get the Spring Preschool Literacy Unit Here.
For more A Rainbow of My Own ideas, check out these posts from other bloggers participating in the Virtual Book Club for Kids.
- Rainbow Name Craft for Kids– Toddler Approved
- 5 Math Games using Painted Rainbow Counters – The Educators’ Spin On It
- How to make rainbow spaghetti – Sensory play for kids -Messy Little Monster
- Find the Unicorn Rainbow Sensory Bin – Inspiration Laboratories
- Taste Safe Rainbow Sensory Play – Adventures and Play
- Preschool Color Activities – Roll and Cover Rainbow
- Construction Paper Rainbow Craft – The Moments at Home
- Mixing Colors to Make a Rainbow – Mama Smiles
- CVC Word Family Rainbow Puzzles – Sea of Knowledge
- Rainbow Words – Rainy Day Mum
- Rainbow Preschool Music Craft & Song – Preschool Powol Packets
- Rainbow Science Experiments– Teach Beside Me