Valentine’s Day is around the corner. Below you will find some of the best Valentine’s Day Literacy Activities that you can do with toddlers through early elementary. Plus, many of them can be differentiated to reach all your growing readers. I think you will LOVE the ideas!
1.Play Valentine ABC Bingo and work on letter identification! This game can be played with one or twenty kids.
2. ABC Heart Matching by Hands On As We Grow works on matching lowercase and uppercase letters.
3. I Heart Crafty Things shares another alphabet matching heart that uses stickers!
4. Create an alphabet wreath which doubles as decoration too from Fun Learning for Kids.
Learning Your Name Activities
5. Make a Valentine’s Name Puzzle to give each friend this holiday. How Wee Learn shows us how.
6. These beaded name hearts from Fun-a-Day would make super cute necklaces. Plus, kids work on fine motor skills.
7. Sight Word Heart Delivery is an active way for kids to practice any list of sight words.
8. Pre-K Pages shows us how to use those fun Valentine’s cards and turn them into a sight word activity.
Word Work and Spelling
9. Heart Homophones- Match, Draw & Spell from This Reading Mama is a hands-on and visual way to work on those tricky homophones.
10. Read cvc words in this Short Vowel Bingo game from Carrots are Orange.
11. Create a Valentine Writing Center for kids to make their own valentines.
12. Valentine’s Sensory Writing Tray from The Imagination Tree would also be perfect for a writing center.
Books About Valentine’s Day
13. Share a few books about loving, caring and sharing from this list.
14. What Can We Do With Paper and Glue shares even more books about Valentine’s Day.
Pin It for others to enjoy!