Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see? Oh, I see a great list of activities for you and me! Yep, today I’m sharing a great list of Brown Bear, Brown Bear activities that are perfect to do after reading the classic book by Bill Martin Jr.
The Virtual Book Club for Kids has put together a great list of ideas and activities to use with the book. The ideas can stand alone or be combined together to make a book unit.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear Activities and Book
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? was written by Bill Martin, Jr. and illustrated by the beloved Eric Carle. It’s a wonderful read-aloud because of the repetitive text and vibrant illustrations. And, it’s a great book to use for learning the names of the colors.
For more books about bears, check out our giant list.—>Books About Bears for Children
**Just click on the highlighted text in each description below to take you to the full directions of each activity.
- This Brown Bear, Brown Bear Printable Language Activity is great for teaching kids how to ask questions, develop oral speaking skills, think, and analyze.
- I’m in love with this snake retelling of Brown Bear from I Can Teach. I’ve never tried to iron on images to felt, but this activity has convinced me to give it a go.
- After reading Brown Bear, you can have some beginning sound fun and learning with this activity from Inspiration Laboratories.
- Work on letter recognition with this Brown Bear Activity. It’s great for toddlers and preschoolers.
- Mama Miss shows us how to use Brown Bear storytelling beads to retell the story.
- Use a pool noodle to create artsy characters from the book and then design your own version of the book. The Educators’ Spin On It shows you how to do it.
- Mom Inspired Life has an activity called Counting Bear Number Strips and Color Matching Activity. Danielle also shares a free printable to use to help with counting, matching and working on color identification.
- My kids love to play with slime. Preschool Powol Packets has a recipe for making Brown Bear Slime. Ooey gooey fun!
- Get the kids moving with these Brown Bear Gross Motor Ideas from 3 Dinosaurs. The kids move around like each animal in the story.
We hope that you are inspired to read this classic book and enjoy some fun learning activities.
P.S. Would you like to meet the needs of ALL your growing readers? Join our email list for literacy resources and book recommendations.