A favorite topic for units in early childhood is bears. Whether it is a teddy bear, polar bear, or panda bear, these furry creatures take center stage. Try these literacy-rich preschool bear activities all centered around great books for kids.
Books About Bears for Kids
Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
From fiction to nonfiction, your book needs for read-alouds are covered with this book list.—> Bear Books for Kids
Of course, we have that classic book, Goldilocks and the Three Bears. But, there are oodles of variations of this tale.
Read a few fractured fairy tales.—> Goldilocks and the Three Bears Books
Bear Book Activities
Speaking of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, here are some literacy-rich book activities to use with the book.
- Have fun with this coverall game to work on vocabulary and beginning sounds with this free printable.—> Goldilocks and the Three Bears Activity
- And, then enjoy this sensory activity to use with Goldilocks and Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems.—> Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs Activity
- The Bear Ate Your Sandwich is such a fun read-aloud and know you can work on some letter sound work too.—-> The Bear Ate Your Sandwich Activities
- Do you remember that lovable bear Corduroy? Enjoy the book and then try this learning your name activity.—-> Corduroy Book Activity
- The Bear books by Karma Wilson are read-aloud gems. Enjoy these fine motor activities to use with Bear Snores On.—>Bear Snores On Activities
Time for a few more classics.
- Get ready to tromp through the landscape in We’re Going on a Bear Hunt.—-> We’re Going on a Bear Hunt Activities
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? is read in just about every preschool classroom. Here are some early literacy activities to enjoy with the book too.—> Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? Activities
Enjoy reading about bears with the preschoolers in your life.
Leave a Reply