Oh, the weather is chilly and we are spending more times indoors. It’s a perfect time to share some great books with kids! The first day of winter is almost here and I have a Winter Reading Challenge for you and the kids!
It’s super easy too.
Here are 13 fun reading challenges for you to complete this winter with the kids or to send home with families.
Print this handy list of the challenge and send it home to families to put on the refrigerator or hang it in your classroom. Then, each week choose one reading idea to complete.
You can also follow along on Instagram using the hashtag #bookbybookchallenge. There will be weekly reminders and ideas for completing the winter challenge.
So, here we go. Thirteen reading ideas to get you through the long cold winter.
- book with a color in the title
- book by an author whose last name starts with “w”
- non-fiction book about winter
- book about a winter sport
- book with a recipe (bonus points if you make the recipe!)
- multicultural book
- Caldecott winner (new winners announced in January/February)
- book about love, caring or sharing
- book that is a song you can sing
- favorite book from your own childhood
- Dr. Seuss book
- book that became a movie
- Picture Book of the Day recommendation (follow #PictureBookoftheDay on Instagram for daily ideas.
Are you ready? Join in and let’s have some reading fun this winter!
*This post first appeared on Growing Book by Book on 12/19/14.