Brrr…it’s cold outside, but inside the kids are warming up with fun and engaging literacy activities this winter. This winter preschool theme unit invites kids to snow & ice, snowmen, penguins, and bears throughout the month. And, it’s a literacy-rich unit so kids will be learning and growing academically.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
The Winter Preschool Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers four weeks of instruction and four themes.
Week 1: Snow & Ice
Week 2: Snowmen
Week 3: Penguins
Week 4: Bears
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes winter wonderland and zoo printables perfect for your dramatic play area including suggested props to add. Each dramatic play center is meant to be set up for two weeks.
- A printable winter fun book kids can work on during week one.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “The Streets Are Wet and Slick,” “I’m a Little Snowman,” “For He’s a Hungry King Penguin,” and “I Love the Bears.”
- 40+ book recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
Here is one of the songs that is featured which can also be found in our subscriber library.
There are over 140 pages of winter lesson plan resources to download and print.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Themes Will Be Available in the Future?
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit (available now)—>GET IT HERE
October: Community Helpers (available now)—>GET IT HERE
November: Fall—>GET IT HERE
December: Cookies (3-week unit)—>GET IT HERE
February: Healthy Habits
Grab the Limited Growing Bundle of Units
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special growing bundle.
You have an amazing opportunity to get this growing bundle for a one-time only offer of $61.50. Each month, this growing bundle will go up in price as new units are added until it reaches it full bundle price of $75.—>CHECK OUT THE BUNDLE HERE
Enjoy all that free time you’ll save by getting the unit and having all your winter lesson plans done for your preschoolers. Perhaps you can curl up with a cup a hot chocolate and enjoy a good book.