Splash, splish, splosh… It is time to teach our preschoolers all about water. These water lesson plans for preschoolers are great for a preschool themed unit inviting the kids to explore ponds/lakes, rainbows/mud, ocean, and water play. And, it’s a literacy-rich unit so kids will be learning and growing their reading and writing skills.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
Water Preschool Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers four weeks of instruction and four themes.
Week 1: Ponds/Lakes
Week 2: Rainbows/Mud
Week 3: Ocean
Week 4: Water Play
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes fish stand and beach printables perfect for your dramatic play area including suggested props to add. Each dramatic play center is meant to be set up for two weeks.
- A printable Day at the Beach book kids can work on during week three.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “This Big Duck,” “Rainbow Rainbow in the Sky,” “Down in the Ocean,” and “Splish Splosh Splash.”
- 40+ book recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
There are over 120 pages of spring lesson plan resources to download and print.
The Water Unit is available for only $10.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Other Themes Are Available on Growing Book by Book
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit —>GET ALL ABOUT ME UNIT HERE
October: Community Helpers —>GET COMMUNITY HELPERS UNIT HERE
November: Fall—>GET FALL UNIT HERE
December: Cookies (3-week unit)—>GET COOKIE UNIT HERE
January: Winter—>GET WINTER UNIT HERE
February: Healthy Habits—>GET THE HEALTHY HABITS UNIT HERE
March: Transportation—>GET THE TRANSPORTATION UNIT HERE
April: Spring—>GET THE SPRING UNIT HERE
Grab the Bundle of Units
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special growing bundle.
Get all nine units for a special bundle price of $75.—>CHECK OUT THE BUNDLE HERE
Enjoy all that free time you’ll save by getting the unit and having all your lesson plans done for your preschoolers.
Leave a Reply