Kindness and cookies fit well together- don’t you think? This cookies and kindness preschool theme unit invites kids to enjoy cookies, gingerbread, and spread kindness throughout the month. And, it’s a literacy-rich unit so kids will be learning and growing and academically.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
The Cookies and Kindness Preschool Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers three weeks of instruction and three themes.
Week 1: Cookies
Week 2: Gingerbread
Week 3: Kindness
Though this unit will most likely be enjoyed and taught in December, there are no holiday activities. However, a bonus book list is provided for holiday-themed cookie books.
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes cookie bakery printables perfect for your dramatic play area including props to include. This dramatic play center is meant to be set up for the entire month.
- A printable Gingerbread Counting book kids can work on during week two.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “Do You Know the Cookie Baker,” “G Man,” and “Let’s Same Something Kind.”
- 40 book recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
There are over 100 pages of resources to download and print.
The Cookies and Kindness Preschool Unit is available for $8.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Themes Will Be Available in the Future?
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit (available now)—>GET IT HERE
October: Community Helpers (available now)—>GET IT HERE
November: Fall—>GET IT HERE
December: Cookies (3-week unit)
February: Healthy Habits
March: Transportation—>Get the Transportation Unit Here
April: Spring—>GET THE SPRING UNIT
May: Water—>GET THE WATER UNIT
Grab the Bundle of Units and Save
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special bundle for $75.
Grab the bundle of all nine units and save.—>GET THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE MONEY
Enjoy all that free time you’ll save by getting the unit. In fact, use that saved time to do an act of kindness.