VROOM VROOM! BEEP BEEP! Time to teach our preschoolers all about transportation. These preschool transportation lesson plans are great for a preschool themed unit inviting the kids to explore planes and rockets, trains, cars and trucks, and boats throughout the month. And, it’s a literacy-rich unit so kids will be learning and growing with their reading and writing skills.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
Transportation Preschool Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers four weeks of instruction and four themes.
Week 1: Planes & Rockets
Week 2: Trains
Week 3: Cars & Trucks
Week 4: Boats
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes airport and mechanic shop printables perfect for your dramatic play area including suggested props to add. Each dramatic play center is meant to be set up for two weeks.
- A printable train book kids can work on during week two.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “QUICK,” “The Train,” “Here Go the Cars,” and “Down Down Tuggy.”
- 40+ book recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
There are over 140 pages of transportation lesson plan resources to download and print.
The Transportation Unit is available for $10.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Themes Will Be Available in the Future?
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit —>GET ALL ABOUT ME UNIT HERE
October: Community Helpers —>GET COMMUNITY HELPERS UNIT HERE
November: Fall—>GET FALL UNIT HERE
December: Cookies (3-week unit)—>GET COOKIE UNIT HERE
January: Winter—>GET WINTER UNIT HERE
February: Healthy Habits—>GET THE HEALTHY HABITS UNIT HERE
April: Spring—>GET THE SPRING UNIT
May: Water—>GET THE WATER UNIT
Grab the Bundle of Units and Save
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special bundle for $75.
Grab the bundle of all nine units and save.—>GET THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE MONEY
Enjoy all that free time you’ll save by getting the unit and having all your lesson plans done for your preschoolers. Perhaps you can enjoy a healthy snack and a run at the gym.
Leave a Reply