Cold and sniffles season is in full gear. Time to teach our preschoolers some healthy habits. These health activities for preschoolers themed unit invites kids to explore dental health, germs & sickness, healthy foods, and healthy exercise throughout the month. And, it’s a literacy-rich unit so kids will be learning and growing with their reading and writing skills.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
The Healthy Habits Preschool Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers four weeks of instruction and four themes.
Week 1: Dental Health
Week 2: Germs and Sickness
Week 3: Healthy Foods
Week 4: Play and Exercise
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes dental and yoga & juice bar printables perfect for your dramatic play area including suggested props to add. Each dramatic play center is meant to be set up for two weeks.
- A printable yummy foods book kids can work on during week three.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “I’ve Got All These Teeth in My Mouth,” “Sniffle, Sniffle, Little One,” “Yum, Yum, Farmer,” and “The Moving Finger Song.”
- 40+ book recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
There are over 130 pages of healthy habits lesson plan resources to download and print.
The Healthy Habits Unit is available for $10.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Themes Will Be Available in the Future?
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit (available now)—>GET ALL ABOUT ME UNIT HERE
October: Community Helpers (available now)—>GET COMMUNITY HELPERS UNIT HERE
November: Fall—>GET FALL UNIT HERE
December: Cookies (3-week unit)—>GET COOKIE UNIT HERE
January: Winter—>GET WINTER UNIT HERE
February: Healthy Habits
March: Transportation—>Get the Transportation Unit Here
April: Spring—>GET THE SPRING UNIT
May: Water—>GET THE WATER UNIT
Grab the Bundle of Units and Save
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special bundle for $75.
Grab the bundle of all nine units and save.—>GET THE BUNDLE HERE AND SAVE MONEY
Enjoy all that free time you’ll save by getting the unit and having all your lesson plans done for your preschoolers. Perhaps you can enjoy a healthy snack and a run at the gym.
Eugenia Perry says
I love the way you teach.
This will help me out a whole lot with teaching my students.