At the beginning of the school year, many preschool and pre-k classrooms like to do an All About Me unit preschool themed unit.
There is a way to bump up the literacy value of this unit and all units that you teach.
- Would you love to have a unit where lots of great books on the topic are ready to be shared?
- Would you like to infuse themed literacy learning into your centers?
- Would you like to kick your circle time a literacy notch?
Then, this unit is for you. Best of all…everything is ready for you!
The My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit
What is in the Unit?
This unit covers four weeks of instruction and four themes.
Week 1: All About Me
Week 2: My Family
Week 3: My 5 Senses
Week 4: My Friends
Here is a peek at the activities included in this unit.
- Includes a house and coffee shop dramatic play printables perfect for your dramatic play area including props to include. Each dramatic play center is meant to be set up for two weeks.
- A printable All About Me book kids can work on over the course of the month.
- Circle time songs and rhymes that build literacy skills including “All About Me,” “My Friend Has a Family,”Our 5 Senses Song, and “Friends Chant.”
- 30-40 books recommendations covering each theme in the unit also included in one easy list to take to the library.
- Plus….writing activities, fine motor ideas, read aloud activities, daily sign-in questions, differentiation ideas, and more!
There are over 100 pages of resources to download and print.
Would like a video peek? Take a look at this short 2-minute video.
The My Family, My Friends, and Me Unit is available for $10.
Why Literacy-Rich Units?
Themed learning offers our kids the opportunity to go deep into learning and exploring. It also helps kids connect ideas across multiple subjects.
But, at the heart of every great unit of study is reading and writing connections. Reading about a topic allows for great learning and talking and writing about a topic solidifies our thoughts and understandings.
What Themes Will Be Available in the Future?
September: My Family, My Friends, and All About Me Unit (available now)—>GET IT HERE
October: Community Helpers
December: Cookies (3-week unit)
February: Healthy Habits
March: Transportation—>Get the Transportation Unit Here
April: Spring—>GET THE SPRING UNIT
Grab the Limited Growing Bundle of Units
Each theme can be purchased individually or as a special growing bundle.
You have an amazing opportunity to get this growing bundle for a one-time only offer of $70.50. Each month, this growing bundle will go up in price as new units are added until it reaches its full bundle price of $75.—>CHECK OUT THE BUNDLE HERE